- 2 kg Sugar
- 4 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Aniseeds
- 4 tbsp Almonds
- 2 tbsp Khuskhus
- 2 tsp Rose Water
- 2 tbsp Cardamoms
- 4 tbsp Melon Seeds
- 2 litres boiled Water
- 8-10 Black Peppercorn
- ½ cup Rose petals, fresh/dried
- Boil the milk and cool it.
- Add sugar in water and boil it to make a syrup of one thread consistency and let it cool.
- Clean, wash and transfer khuskhus, aniseeds, black peppercorns and rose petals in a jug of water and soak for 3 to 4 hours.
- Grind to a fine paste.
- Also grind the soaked and peeled almonds separately and strain with a muslin cloth.
- To this mixture, add the sugar syrup and stirr it properly.
- Add cardamom powder, shake well. Syrup is ready.
- To make one glass of thandai take ¼th glass of the syrup and fill the rest of the glass with milk.
- Add ice cubes, or chill in the refrigerator.
Tip: When shaking a cocktail, a short, snappy action is recommended.