- 100 gm Onions
- 100 gm Brinjals
- 150 gm Potatoes
- 3-4 Green Chillies
- Oil for Deep frying
- 150 gm Cauliflower
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Ajwain
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 250 gm Gram Flour
- A pinch of Baking powder
- 1 tsp Pomegranate Seed powder
- 10 gm Bhaang (Hemp) Seed Powder
For the Batter
- Peel and wash vegetables. Cut cauliflower into florets, potatoes and onions into roundels (about 1/6 inch thick), brinjals into roundels.
- Immerse the brinjals and potatoes in water.
- Wash, slit the green chillies on one side and de-seed.
- Sieve gram flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add ajwain, chilli powder, green chillies, pomegranate seed powder and bhaang seed powder. Add enough water, about 150-200 ml, to make a thick batter of fritter consistency.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to smoking point, reduce to medium heat. Dip the cut vegetable, one by one, in the batter and deep fry until light golden.
- Remove and cool. Reheat oil and deep fry again over moderately high heat until golden brown and crisps.
- Serve with chutney, sauce.
Tip: Sometimes hot oil starts foaming and starts rising in the pan. Dissipate the foam to avoid this situation by adding a marble sized ball of tamarind to the oil.