- 500 ml Oil
- 200 gm Besan
- 500 gm Spinach
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Mango powder
- Salt, Red Chilli to taste
- 4-5 green Chillies, paste
- 3 medium sized Onions, sliced
- Wash, clean and cut the spinach finely.
- Sift the besan and add spinach, onion, green chilli paste, garlic paste, garam masala, salt, red chilli and the mango powder.
- Mix all the ingredients together till the spinach leaves a little moisture. Add a sprinkling of water if the batter is not smooth and wet. If it is smooth, don't add water.
- Heat oil to smoking point. Drop spoonfuls of batter into the oil .
- Fry 5-6 pieces at a time till golden brown and crisp on both the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.
Tip: Peel and cut potatoes and boil them in water in which a little vinegar is added . It will retain their texture & will be done in no time.It will also avoid bad odor and to give a good color to old potatoes.