- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ kg Besan
- ¼ kg Maida
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Fenugreek leaves, chopped
- Mix besan, salt, chilli powder and oil well. Knead the mixture into dough. Knead for about five minutes.
- Add the methi leaves. Knead for another three minutes. Make the dough into a big round ball and throw the dough on the plate to soften it. This should be done for about seven minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan, on very high heat.
- While oil is heating, rub some oil on your palm and roll out the dough into a long strip one inch thick.
- Cut the roll into inch size pieces. Keep rubbing oil on your palms to keep the roll moist.
- Flatten each piece out into a round shape and roll it into small chapatis. Lightly dust both sides of the papris with maida.
- Fry very lightly, turning the flame from medium to low as required. Do not let the papris turn brown or red. They should look golden yellow when ready. Drain oil.
- Serve with curd and tamarind chutney.
Tip: Potatoes rot quickly if stored near onions.To prevent potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes!