- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 4 cups Cream
- 1/3 cup Kishmish
- 3/4 cup Vermicelli
- ½ cup Whipping cream
- ¼ cup chopped Walnuts
- Melt ghee over low heat.
- Add vermicelli and sauté until golden.
- Stir in the cream, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add sugar, raisins and walnuts.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and continue to cook a few minutes more.
- Remove from heat and cool.
Tip: Adding a cupful of grated carrot or beetroot to the coconut while making burfi will give you "natural" colouring and nutritional benefits.