- 1 litre Milk
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 200 gm Condensed Milk
- Few drops of Kewda essence
- ¼ cup Almonds, sliced fine
- Silver leaf or sliced Pistachios
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Swirl the pan to coat the bottom completely.
- Add the milk. Keep stirring the milk occasionally until reduced to half of its original quantity.
- Add the condensed milk and cook, stirring constantly to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Scrape the sides of the pan from time to time to get the cream into the milk. Cook until reduced to half of its quantity.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool. Add the almonds, Kewda essence and cardamom powder.
- When cool, place in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with silver varakh or pistachios.
Tip: To intensify the sweetness of any dish,add a pinch of salt.