- 2 tsp Maida
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1.25 litre Milk
- 5 tbsp Sugar
- 2-3 drops Lemon juice
- 2-3 drops of Rose Water
- Sliced Almonds and Pistachio
- Boil half litre milk in a pan.
- Add lemon juice
- Stir slowly and gently until white curd (chenna) forms on the surface and separates from whey.
- Wash chenna well under cold running water and twist the cloth that was used for straining to extract water.
- Knead chenna to make a smooth dough. Add maida and knead again.
- Make about 6-7 balls of equal size of the dough and keep aside.
- For syrup mix one cup sugar and water in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Add chenna balls to the syrup and cook for 15 minutes with lid partially covered. Chenna dumplings will puff up.
- On cooling, add rose water.Keep the cheese dumplings aside.
- Boil rest of the milk (3/4 litre) in a heavy base saucepan.
- Bring one boil and then reduce the heat to medium. Boil until it becomes thick and creamy and reduced to half. Stir occasionally to prevent its sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add 5 tbsp sugar and cook for 5 minutes. Switch off and let it cool.
- Add the chennae dumplings (squeeze the syrup).
- Decorate with the sliced dry fruits. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Tip: Chocolate burns very easily and must be watched carefully when melting.