- 225 gms Maida
- Water for kneading
- Salt to taste
- Sieve together flour and salt.
- Add water and form into a soft and smooth dough.
- Rest it aside for a few minutes.
- Make 4 even sized balls of the dough.
- To make roti, flatten each ball on the palm of your hand, till it is of desired thickness, or till approximately 5-6 inches in diameter.
- Put on a gaddi and stick it in a moderately hot tandoor, remove when cooked on the outer surface.
- If cooking in an oven, place on a greased baking tray, and cook for 5-6 minutes, in a preheated oven at 190º C.
- Serve hot with vegetables or any meat preparation.
Tip: To make instant bhaturas, knead the flour with soda water and leave for some time for instant fermentation. Your dough is ready.