- Fine Sea salt
- 4-5 Ice cubes
- 3 Lime wedges
- 15 ml Cointreau
- 40 ml Lime juice
- 40 ml Tequila Gold
- 2 tsp Grand Marnier
- Lime slice to decorate
- Dampen the ring of a chilled cocktail glass with one of the lime wedges, then dip the rim into fine sea salt.
- Pour the tequila, cointreau, and lime juice into a cocktail shaker.
- Squeeze the juice from the 2 remaining lime wedges into the shaker, pressing the rind to release its oils.
- Drop the wedges into the shaker.
- Add the ice cubes and shake vigorously for seconds, then strain the drink into the glass.
- Drizzle the grand marnier over the top of the drink.
- Decorate with a lime slice.
Tip: Always use smaller sized ice cubes when making a cocktail. This creates a smoother taste by allowing a proper mix of water and alcohol, since they melt faster when the alcohol is poured over them.