- 1 Egg
- 3 tsps Sirka
- 2 tsps Cornflour
- 2 tsps Soy sauce
- Oil for deep frying
- ˝ kg boneless Fish
- Salt according to taste
- 2 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander, finely chopped
- Cut fish into equal sized pieces, 3" each.
- Make a batter with cornflour, egg, salt and water.
- Dip fish pieces in it and deep fry till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan and sauté ginger and garlic till golden brown.
- Add one cup water, soy sauce and sirka and salt to taste.
- Adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding little cornflour mixed in water.
- Add fried pieces of fish, garnish with coriander and serve with steamed rice.
Tip: To know how long to cook fish, measure at the thickest point, then allow 10 minutes per inch. This applies to all methods of cooking, such as broiling, frying, grilling, poaching, and steaming.