For the salad
- Mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 125 gms Egg Noodles
- 1 Mango, cut into strips
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- 500 gms Tuna, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp dark Sugar
- Juice of 4 Lemons
- 2 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 pod Garlic, chopped
- 4 tbsp light Soya sauce
- 1 Red Chilli, seeded and chopped
For the dressing
- In a bowl place noodles, pour over boiling water and leave for five minutes. Drain.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a blender.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the tuna steaks and cook until cooked through.
- Transfer half the dressing over the noodles and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the noodles on plates.
- Combine cooked tuna with the salad ingredients and the remaining dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon on top of the noodles and serve.
Tip: Roast diced onions, carrots, and celery in the pan right along with chicken. With the vegetables cooked down and flavored with the meat juices, you've the base for a wonderful gravy.