- 1 Egg white
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 tbsps Cream, whipped
- 2 large Mangoes, puréed and strained
- Put sugar and 1¼ cups water in a heavy-based saucepan and stir to dissolve. Boil for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and let cool.
- Stir mango purée into syrup and pour into a shallow metal container. Cover the mixture freeze the mixture to the slushy stage.
- Turn semi-frozen mixture into a bowl and beat well. Return the mixture to the container, cover and freeze until just becoming slushy again. Turn out into the bowl and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg white until stiff but not dry.
- Fold cream and then the egg white into the mango mixture, spoon back into the container, cover and freeze until firm.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer the sherbet to the refrigerator.
Serves: 4 to 6
Tip: Prevent dried fruit or nuts from sinking to the bottom of your batters by coating them lightly with flour first.