- ½ cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Few strands of Kesar
- 3½ cups Mango puree
- 1 tbsp unflavoured Gelatine
- Shelled roasted Pistachios, ground
- 1½ cup Whipping cream, whipped until stiff
- Place water in a small saucepan; sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soften for five minutes.
- Cook over low heat until dissolved.
- Place mango puree in a large bowl; add sugar, lemon juice, kesar strands and dissolved gelatin. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Fold whipped cream into mango mixture. Place bowl in freezer until mixture is half frozen; about one hour.
- Remove from freezer; beat until smooth. Pack into individual bowls or molds; return to freezer and freeze until about half frozen but still creamy.
- Garnish with plenty or ground roasted pistachio nuts.
Tip: To prevent the milk kheer for sticking to the bottom of the vessel, drop a coin in the vessel while the kheer is boiling.