- ½ cup Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Flour
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 300 gms Fish
- 1 cup Fish Stock
- 2 tsps Dry Sherry
- 2 tsps Soya sauce
- ½ tsp Garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp Ginger, chopped
- 2 medium Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fermented Black Beans, chopped
- 2 tsp Cornstarch mixed with 1½ tbsp water
- 1 tbsp shredded Red Pepper (blanched 1 minute in boiling water)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add fish and fry on both sides, until it turns golden. Remove to serving plate.
- Heat some more oil in the pan and add ginger, garlic and black beans.
- Stir-fry the fish on both sides. Season lightly with salt, then coat with flour.
- Add sherry, soya sauce, sugar and stock.
- When boiled, mix in blended cornstarch and let it thicken.
- Add spring onion, and garnish with red pepper.
Tip: If there is smell emating from the fish rub gram flour thoroughly to it, keep it for sometime and then wash it under water.