- 5 cups Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 10-12 Raisins
- 4 Cardamoms
- ¼ cup Samwat ke Chaawal
- 10-12 Almonds, blanched, shredded
- Put rice and milk in a deep pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low flame, stirring occasionally till the rice is cooked and the milk has thickened.
- When cooked, add sugar, raisins and cardamoms. Stir till sugar is dissolved and 10-15 minutes after that.
- Garnish with almonds an serve hot or chilled.
Tip: Place a piece of plastic wrap on the surface of cooked pudding filling immediately after pouring to prevent a skin from forming.