- Oil for frying
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 tbsp Fish stock
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- Salt according to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 500 gms any Fleshy Fish
- Breadcrumbs as required
- ½ tsp Black Pepper powder
- 3 Potatoes, boiled and minced
- Boil the fish in a little water and salt. Save the water.
- Remove bones if any and mash together with the minced potatoes, turmeric, chilli and pepper powders.
- Add lime juice and required amount of stock. Salt may be added if necessary.
- Form into cylindrical sticks, dip into beaten egg, coat with bread crumbs and deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutneys.
Tip: Use a shallow four to five-inch pot with a large opening, and cook shrimp uncovered to lessen the fishy odor.