- 2 Eggs
- 85 gms Raisins
- 45 gms Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 225 gms Castor Sugar
- 55 gms Cocoa powder
- 85 gms Chopped Walnuts
- 115 gms Butter or Margarine
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Line the bottom and sides of an 8 inch square baking tin with grease-proof paper and grease the paper.
- Gently melt the butter or margarine in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder.
- With an electric mixture, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together until light. Add the cocoa mixture and stir to blend.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and gently fold in. Add the walnuts and raisins and scrape the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes. Do not overbake. Leave in the tin to cool before cutting into 2 inches squares and removing.
- The brownies should be soft and moist.
Tip: When filling and frosting a cake, place first layer(s) with bottom side up; place last layer with the top side up.