- 1 Egg
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 115 gms Butter
- 170 gms Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 50 gms Castor Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 170 gms Chocolate Chips
- 55 gms Chopped Walnuts
- 110 gms Dark Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Grease 2 large baking sheets.
- With an electric mixture, cream the butter or margarine and the two sugars together until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix the egg and vanilla, then gradually beat into the butter mixture. Sift over the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and stir.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnuts and mix to combine well.
- Place heaped teaspoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart on the prepared sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly coloured.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
Tip: To soften rock-hard brown sugar, simply add a slice of soft bread to the package and close the bag tightly. In a few hours the sugar will be soft again.