- 75 gms Castor Sugar
- 1 Loaf Sliced White Bread, crusts removed
- 900 gms Mixed Raspberries, Red Currants, Black Currants, Plum
- 50 ml Double cream
- 6 Sprigs of Red Currants/Black Currants
- Cut 6 circles of bread to line the base of each tea cup. Cut strips for the sides, reserving 6 slices.
- Halve and stone the fruits where necessary. Cook gently with the sugar until the juices flow.
- Lift the fruit out of the juice and sugar mixture and pack into the cups. Cut 6 circles from the reserved bread slices and use to cover the fruit. Sprinkle with half the fruit juice. Reserve the rest of the juice.
- Cover filled cups with greaseproof paper. Stand on a tray and put a ramekin (a small dish used for baking and serving) with a small weight inside, on top of each one. Chill in the fridge overnight.
- Turn out the puddings onto 6 desert plates and surround with a pool of the reserved juice. Pipe 2 rings of cream around each pudding and feather with a skewer.
Tip: When ice cream is rock-hard, dip the scoop in hot water to make scooping easier.