- 1/2 kg White Pumpkin
- Various Edible Colours
- Sugar Syrup made with 2 Kg Sugar
- 1/2 kg Kitchen Lime (Calcium Carbonate)
- Cut the white pumpkin into pieces.
- Mix the kitchen lime in water and dip the pumpkin in it for 2 to 3 hours.
- Wash and boil it in the sugar syrup for about 50 minutes.
- Let the pieces of pumpkin dry and then add colour. (Different colour to different pieces)
- The dish is ready to serve.
Tip: To prevent the milk kheer for sticking to the bottom of the vessel, drop a coin in the vessel while the kheer is boiling.