- 1 cup Milk
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1½ litres Water
- ½ tbsp Aniseed
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- ½ tsp Rose Water
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 12-15 Cardamoms
- Bhang - half a fistful
- ½ tbsp Khuskhus (Poppy seeds)
- ¼ cup Rose petals, dried or fresh
- 1 tbsp WaterMelon Seeds, peeled
- Mix sugar in half litre water and keep aside.
- Wash clean all other dry ingredients and soak in 2 cups of water. Allow to stand for at least 2 hours.
- Grind all soaked ingredients and washed bhang leaves to a very fine paste.
- Mix the remaining water to the paste.
- Place a strong muslin strainer over a large deep vessel and press through muslin with back of hands to extract the liquid into the vessel.
- Add milk, sugarwater and rosewater to the extracted liquid.
- Serve chilled.
Tip: Always use very cold ice. Not all ice has the same temperature. Usually good ice looks dry outside, and if you touch it, it will stick to your finger. Bad ice is one that looks wet outside and is dripping from all sides.