- 1 cup Milk
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1½ litres Water
- ½ tbsp Aniseed
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- ½ tsp Rose Water
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 12-15 Cardamoms
- Bhang - half a fistful
- ½ tbsp Khuskhus (Poppy seeds)
- ¼ cup Rose petals, dried or fresh
- 1 tbsp WaterMelon Seeds, peeled
- Mix sugar in half litre water and keep aside.
- Wash clean all other dry ingredients and soak in 2 cups of water. Allow to stand for at least 2 hours.
- Grind all soaked ingredients and washed bhang leaves to a very fine paste.
- Mix the remaining water to the paste.
- Place a strong muslin strainer over a large deep vessel and press through muslin with back of hands to extract the liquid into the vessel.
- Add milk, sugarwater and rosewater to the extracted liquid.
- Serve chilled.
Tip: Always use smaller sized ice cubes when making a cocktail. This creates a smoother taste by allowing a proper mix of water and alcohol, since they melt faster when the alcohol is poured over them.