- Vanilla Essence
- 1 kg Sponge Cake
- 1½ cups Thick Cream, beaten
- 4 ripe Mangoes, peeled, cubed
- Squeeze mango skin to extract leftover juice in 4-5 tablespoon of water and also add vanilla essence. Keep aside.
- Cut sponge cake to your desired size slices and arrange in a dish.
- Sprinkle vanilla water over the cake and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Cover the cake with mango pieces and pour the cream over the top. Decorate with strawberries and chill.
Tip: Always strain sugar or jaggery syrups before adding to sweets, so that the muddy grains do not taste like grit in the sweet dishes. Allow the grit to settle below before straining.