- 2 Cucumbers
- 2 Firm Mangoes
- ¼ cup Orange juice
- 5-6 Potatoes, boiled
- ¼ cup Chopped Mint
- 2 tbsps Minced Ginger
- 2 tbsps Fresh Lemon juice
- ½ Red Bell pepper, seeded
- ½ Green Bell pepper, seeded
- Salt and ground Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1-2 Black Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp Powdered Ginger
- 1 tsp Powdered Mustard seeds
- Place the cumin, paprika, coriander, black cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and mustard in a small pan, and heat over medium heat until the first tiny wisp of smoke appears.
- Allow to cool, then grind in a grinder. Set aside.
- Peel the cucumbers, cut them in half lengthwise and cut the halves into half-inch slices.
- Peel and pit the mangoes and cut the flesh into bite-sized chunks.
- Cut the red and green bell peppers into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cucumbers, mangoes and bell pepper. Add the orange juice, ginger, lemon juice, mint and 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture.
- Toss well, season to taste with salt and pepper, toss again, and serve.
Tip: To make thick gravy for chicken grate the onions, squeeze out their juice. Fry the onions and the masala. Add the juice as stock, after the onions are brown.