- 1 tsp Sugar
- 400 gms Shrimp
- 2 tbsps Fish Sauce
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice
- Salad Leaves (Lettuce)
- 1 pod of Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsps Spring Onions, sliced
- 1 Green Chilli, seeded and minced
- 2 large Mangoes, peeled & shredded
- Combine green onions, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, and green chilli in a bowl. Mix in shredded mango. Chill while preparing shrimp.
- Shell and devein shrimp and rinse well.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
- Place greens on a platter; mound mango mixture onto the greens using a slotted spoon. Place shrimp over the mango salad and garnish with lime slices, if desired.
Tip: Prepare cold soups with degreased chicken stock.