- 3 tbsp Oil
- 3 Chilli powder
- 4 Onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- ½ cup Mint leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- ½ cup Tomato puree
- 4 Tomatoes, chopped
- Salt according to taste
- ½ cup Coriander leaves
- 6 cups Basmati rice, cooked
- 1 kg Chicken breasts, boneless
- 3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin slivers, wash well and put dry. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add onion and fry until golden.
- Add tomatoes and garlic paste, cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix-in tomato puree, green chillies, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander leaves and salt.
- Add chicken and cook over medium heat until the chicken gets done.
- Spread 3 cups of rice in large oven proof dish, follow by a single layer of chicken. Top it off with a layer of remaining rice and garnish with mint leaves.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid/foil and place in a hot oven, 350° F, for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Tip: Use long-handled tongs instead of a fork - forks pierce the chicken and allow the flavorful juices to escape.