- 6 Cloves
- 1 cup Ghee
- Salt to taste
- 3 Carrots, diced
- 2 Cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Ginger paste
- 1 cup Peas, shelled
- ½ tsp Chilli Powder
- 3 cups Basmati rice
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 4 Onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorns
- ½ cup Coriander leaves
- 10-12 Cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp Khuskhus, ground to a paste
- 250 gms Paneer, cut into small cubes
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes. Drain and put aside.
- Dry roast the cinnamon sticks, cloves, pepprrcorns and cumin seeds. Grind to a powder.
- Heat ghee in a wok, fry paneer, drain excess oil and keep aside.
- Add onions, fry until golden brown, drain and keep aside.
- Reheat a tbsp of ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel and add all vegetables (except paneer and onion), alongwith khuskhus paste, tomato puree, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, chilli powder and the above roasted masala powder.
- Saute for 5-7 minutes. Add half of the onion, followed by rice and 6 cups of water. Cover and cook until, rice becomes
- Add coriander leaves, mix carefully, cover tightly and leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Gently mix-in paneer, garnish with fried onions and serve piping hot.
Tip: Add more water while cooking in rice cooker. Rice needs more water in rice cooker compared to pressure cooker.