- ˝ cup Milk
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ˝ tsp Black Pepper
- 3 cups Basmati rice, cooked
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ˝ tsp Kala Jeera
- Salt according to taste
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1˝ cups Corn kernels, cooked
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Spring Onions, chopped
- 200 gms Mushroom, sliced
For the Corn
For the Mushrooms
- For the rice, melt butter and mix into the rice alongwith milk, salt and pepper. Put aside.
- For the corn, heat oil in a pan, add onions and fry until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Remove from flame.
- Spread the corn-mix at the bottom of a greased ring mould. Top with rice and press it down firmly.
- Cover and bake in a preheated oven, 350° F, for 15 minutes.
- For the mushrooms, heat butter in a pan, add mushrooms and spring onions. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and parsley if desired. Put aside.
- Remove dish from oven and invert onto serving dish. Fill the inside ring with mushrooms and serve.
Tip: Before cooking, rinse the rice several times, until the water comes out clear. This removes any starch and residue, otherwise the rice may be sticky.