- 4 Mutton chops
- 1 Onion
- 60 ml Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 300 ml Curd
- 1" piece Ginger
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves
- Chop the onion and garlic, cut the ginger into strips.
- Blend the onion, garlic and ginger with the curd, coriander leaves and remaining spices in a blender to get a smooth paste.
- Take a fork and prick the chops all over and pour the marinade over the chops and leave for 8 hours or overnight.
- Next day heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chops with the marinade until they are cooked.
- Cook the chops on a low flame so that the chops cook thoroughly.
Tip: Don't salt meat before you cook it. The salt forces the juices out and impedes browning. Instead, salt meat halfway through cooking, then taste when the meat is done and adjust the salt as needed.