- 3 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Vinegar
- ½ tsp Soya sauce
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 3 tsp Tomato ketchup
- Salt according to taste
- 2 Onions- cut into rings
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 400 gms Liver, cut into slivers
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan. Fry the onion rings until golden brown. Drain & keep aside.
- Marinate the liver slivers in the worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup, tomato puree, soya sauce, black pepper, vinegar, sugar and salt for 10 minutes.
- Cook in the hot oil for 6-7 minutes until tender & the colour of the liver changes.
- Garnish with the fried onion rings and serve immediately with mashed potatoes & hot toast.
Tip: While the flavor of meat marinated in wine will continue to improve with time, do not marinate foods in lemon or lime juice for more than the time specified. The citric acid will turn the meats gray.