- 4 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Besan
- 750 gms Curd
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 4 Black Cardamoms
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Salt according to taste
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 4 Whole, Chillies, dried
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 500 gms Mutton pieces, leg portion
- Heat mustard oil in a heavy bottomed pan to smoking point. Take off the fire and add the whole red chillies, cloves, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds and black cardamoms.
- Return to fire and add the mutton. Stir fry over medium heat until well browned.
- Beat the curd very well with the besan and one cup of water. Add to the mutton.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Add the turmeric powder, salt, asafoetida and fenugreek seeds.
- Cover & cook over medium heat stirring often so that the gravy does not curdle.
- Cook till mutton is tender. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with boiled rice.
Tip: To prevent splashing when frying meat, sprinkle a little salt in the pan before adding oil, ghee or butter.