- 1 cup Curd
- ½ cup Cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1½ kg leg of Lamb
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1½ tbsp Garlic paste
- 1½ tbsp Ginger paste
- 1½ tsp Garam Masala
- Salt according to taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 tsp White Pepper powder
- 1½ tbsp Raw Papaya, ground to a paste
- ¼ tsp Saffron, soaked in a little warm milk
- Make deep gashes in the raan.
- Mix the raw papaya paste, lemon juice and salt and rub this mixture all over the raan. Leave aside for 2 hours.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients & rub this paste all over the raan & into the gashes. Leave to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cook in a preheated oven, 350°F, for 1½ hours or until raan is tender.
- Turn once to brown on both sides. Cut into slices & serve hot.
Tip: Meat that is partially frozen is much easier to cut or slice.