- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1½ cups Milk
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 Egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1½ tsp Garlic paste
- 1½ tsp Ginger paste
- ½ cup grated Cheese
- Salt according to taste
- 8 double Mutton chops
- 2 tbsp raw Papaya paste
- A pinch of Mustard powder
- 1½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the ginger paste, garlic paste, raw papaya paste, worsectershire sauce & salt.
- Flatten the mutton chops with a mallet and rub the above mixture on them. Leave to marinate for 4 hours.
- Heat oil in a non stick frying pan & cook the chops on low heat until tender and browned on both sides. Drain and arrange in a baking dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add the flour & cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add the milk slowly, stirring constantly making sure there are no lumps.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until sauce is thickened (thick custard like consistency).
- Remove from heat & stir in the beaten egg yolks, mustard powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour this sauce over the chops & bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with garlic bread and a green salad.
Tip: Grill meats to remove excess fat and add flavour. Instead of sauteing meats in stews and braised dishes, grill them to remove fat and save on clean-up.