- 5 cups Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- ½ cup Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups Short grained rice
- Cinnamon powder to sprinkle on top
- Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes. Drain all the water and mix-in milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla essence.
- Put on flame to boil, stirring continuously. Reduce flame and continue stirring, but occasionally to prevent it from sticking at the bottom.
- Cook until rice becomes tender and most of the liquid gets absorbed. Allow to cool.
- Open peaches can and drain the syrup.
- Place 2 peach halves on individual serving plates and spoon the rice pudding onto the peaches.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top and serve cold.
Tip: To intensify the sweetness of any dish,add a pinch of salt.