- Crushed ice
- 1 tsp Sugar syrup
- 75 ml Bourbon Whisky
- 9 Mint sprigs, plus extra to decorate
- Put the mint sprigs in an iced silver mug or tall glass.
- Add the sugar syrup, then crush the mint into the syrup with a long teaspoon.
- Fill the mug or glass with crushed ice, pour the bourbon over the ice and stir gently.
- Pack in more crushed ice and stir until a frost forms.
- Wrap the mug or glass in a table napkin and serve decorated with a mint sprig.
Tip: Always use smaller sized ice cubes when making a cocktail. This creates a smoother taste by allowing a proper mix of water and alcohol, since they melt faster when the alcohol is poured over them.