- Crushed ice
- 1 tsp Sugar syrup
- 75 ml Bourbon Whisky
- 9 Mint sprigs, plus extra to decorate
- Put the mint sprigs in an iced silver mug or tall glass.
- Add the sugar syrup, then crush the mint into the syrup with a long teaspoon.
- Fill the mug or glass with crushed ice, pour the bourbon over the ice and stir gently.
- Pack in more crushed ice and stir until a frost forms.
- Wrap the mug or glass in a table napkin and serve decorated with a mint sprig.
Tip: Always use very cold ice. Not all ice has the same temperature. Usually good ice looks dry outside, and if you touch it, it will stick to your finger. Bad ice is one that looks wet outside and is dripping from all sides.