- 2 Carrots
- 3 Medium Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Kabuli chana
- 8-10 Lettuce Leaves
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 tbsp Curd
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Clear Honey
- 1 tbsp Walnuts
- 1 tbsp Sultanas
- 1 smal Onion, rings
- Peel the sweet potato and roughly dice. Boil until soft but not mushy, cover the pan and set aside.
- Boil the carrots for a just a few minutes making sure they remain crunchy. Add the carrots to the sweet potatoes.
- Drain the water from the sweet potatoes and carrots and place together in a bowl.
- Slice the tops off the tomatoes, then scoop out and discard the seeds. Roughly chop the flesh.
- Line a glass bowl with the lettuce leaves. Mix together the sweet potatoes, carrots, chick-peas (garbanzos) and tomatoes and place in the bowl.
- Blend together all the dressing ingredients and beat using a fork.
- Garnish with the walnuts, sultanas (golden raisins) and onion rings. Pour the dressing over the salad or serve it in a separate bowl, if wished.
Tip: Potatoes will absorb more dressing if you dress them hot then refrigerate.