- ½ tsp Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Castor Sugar
- 900 gms Mango pulp
- ¼ cup Double cream
- ½ cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1 Grated rind of Orange and lemon
- 4 Egg Whites, whisked until peaks form
- In a large, chilled bowl, mix half of the mango pulp, with the lemon juice and the grated rind.
- Gently fold in the egg whites and caster sugar. Cover with cling film (plastic wrap) and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Remove and heat again. Transfer to an ice cream container, and freeze until fully set.
- Whip the double cream with the confectioners’ sugar and the remaining mango pulp. Chill the sauce for 24 hours.
- Remove the sorbet 10 minutes before serving. Scoop out individual servings and cover with a generous helping of mango sauce. Serve immediately.
Tip: When ice cream is rock-hard, dip the scoop in hot water to make scooping easier.