- 1 litre Milk
- 1 tsp Saffron
- 250 gms Sugar
- ½ cup Almonds
- 1½ tbsp Kismish
- 1 tbsp Pistachios
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Soak the almonds in warm water for couple of hours. Remove the skin and grind to a fine paste.
- Dissolve the saffron in 1 tablespoon of warm milk and keep aside.
- Boil the milk in, stirring constantly.
- Add the almond paste and simmer for 30-35 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the saffron, sugar, kishmish and pistachios. Cook on a low flame till thick.<>/li>
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and serve.
Tip: Adding a cupful of grated carrot or beetroot to the coconut while making burfi will give you "natural" colouring and nutritional benefits.