- 1 cups Milk
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Maida
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Cream
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 cups Spinach leaves
- Salt and Black Pepper to season
- Wash the spinach leaves and discard the thick stems. Boil along with the water for 10-12 minutes or till the spinach is well cooked.
- Cool and puree in a blender. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan. Add the chopped onions and saute on medium heat for about 2 minutes or till the onions are transparent.
- Now, add the plain flour and fry briefly on low heat.
- Add now the spinach puree, milk, salt and pepper. Simmer on low heat for 3 minute.
- Add the cream before serving.
Tip: Do not throw away the green tender stalks of cauliflower base. Chop fine and use in soups like other vegetables. You will be adding fibre to your soup.