- 1 tsp Salt
- 450 ml Water
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 4 Coriander Sprigs
- 250 ml Light Cream
- 50 gms Frozen Peas
- ½ tsp Shredded Ginger
- 75 gms Unsalted Butter
- 75 gms Ground Almonds
- 1 Spring Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander
- 1 fresh Green Chilli, chopped
- ½ tsp crushed Black Peppercorns
- 115 gms Chicken, skinned, boned & cubed
- Melt the butter in a large karahi or deep round-bottomed frying pan (skillet), and saute the leek with the ginger until soft.
- Lower the heat and add the ground almonds, salt, peppercorns, chilli, carrot, peas and chicken. Fry for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked, stirring constantly. Add the chopped fresh coriander.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and process for about 1½ minutes. Pour in the water and blend for a further 30 seconds.
- Pour back into the saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Once it has boiled, lower the heat and gradually stir in the cream. Cook gently for a further 2 minutes, stirring ocassionally.
- Serve garnished with the fresh coriander sprigs.
Tip: To make thick gravy for chicken grate the onions, squeeze out their juice. Fry the onions and the masala. Add the juice as stock, after the onions are brown.