- 4 Cloves
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 250 ml Curd
- ½ Chilli Powder
- 800 gms Onions
- 1.2kg Lamb, diced
- 400 gms Tomatoes
- 2 tbsps Mint leaves
- 1 tbsp grated Ginger
- 1 tbsp ground Cumin
- 1½ tsps Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp ground Turmeric
- ½ tsp Cardamom seeds
- 1 tbsp ground Coriander
- 5 pods of Garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsps chopped Coriander leaves
- Finely slice half the onions. Heat half the ghee in large pan; cook onions until browned lightly. Remove from pan; reserve.
- Finely chop remaining onions Heat remaining ghee in same pan, add onions, garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, until onions are browned lightly.
- Stir in chilli powder and all spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- Stir lamb into spice mixture; add curd gradually, in about 6 batches, stirring well between additions.
- Add crushed tomatoes; simmer; covered, 1½ hours. Remove cover; simmer about 30 minutes or until lamb is tender.
- Just before serving, add reserved onions, herbs and garam masala, stir until heated through.
Tip: Chilling meatballs before cooking keeps them from falling apart. Use an ice cream scoop to shape meatballs.