- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 6 Curry leaves, torn
- 2 tsps grated Ginger
- 1 tsp ground Turmeric
- Salt according to taste
- 2 pods of Garlic, crushed
- 300 gms Onions, chopped
- 1 tsp Black Mustard seeds
- 1 kg Chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 1 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
- Heat ghee in large pan, cook onions, stirring, until browned lightly.
- Add leaves, seeds, garlic, ginger, ground spices and salt, cook stirring, until fragrant.
- Add chicken fillets, stir well to coat in spice mixture.
- Add about 150 ml water, simmer, covered, about 30 minutes or until most liquid has evaporated. Just before serving, stir in coriander.
Tip: Before roasting a chicken store in the refrigerator for 24 hours for richer flavor.