- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsps Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp ground Cloves
- 2 tsps Corinder seeds
- ½ tsp Cardamon seeds
- ½ tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1.2 kg Chicken drumsticks
- ½ tsp ground Black Pepper
- Grind or process coriander, cumin and cardamon seeds until crushed.
- Place crushed seeds with spices in a dry frying pan, stir over heat until fragrant. Remove from heat. Add oil and water, stir until combined.
- Make diagonal cuts, about 1 cm apart, through to the bone, on both sides of drumsticks.
- Rub spice mixture all over the drumsticks, place in shallow dish; cover. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Cook drumsticks on a heated oiled griddle pan (or barbecue or grill), until browned and cooked through.
Tip: To turn your chicken golden colour when you roast it, spread it with lemon juice all over before you introduce it in the oven.