- 2 cups Shrimps
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- 2 chopped Onion
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- Black Pepper powder as per taste
- Peel and de-vein the shrimps.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add garlic paste and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and fry till pinkish.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and pepper powder and tomato puree.
- Add water 4 cups and let it cook for 45 minutes.
- Add more water if required.
- Serve hot.
Tip: To peel and devein shrimp, start by pulling off the legs. Then, remove the top shell and tail with your fingers. Hold the shrimp with the curve of the back up. Run a small paring knife down the back where the vein is visible. Slice gently, just breaking the skin. Pull out the vein with the tip of the knife. Rinse under cold water.