- 900 ml Milk
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Rose Water
- Silver leaf to garnish
- 25 gms ground Almonds
- 1 tbsp crushed Pistachios
- 50 gms cup coarsely ground Rice
- 4 green Cardamom pods, crushed
- Place the ground rice and almonds in a saucepan with the green cardamoms. Add 600 ml/1 pint/2 ½ cups milk and bring to the boil over a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Ad the remaining milk and cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the rice mixture thickens to the consistency of a creamy chicken soup.
- Stir in the sugar and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes. Serve garnished with pistachio nuts and silver leaf, if wished.
Tip: Chocolate burns very easily and must be watched carefully when melting.