- 125 ml Milk
- 4 tbsps Ghee
- 375 ml Water
- 2 tbsps Sultanas
- 160 gms Semolina
- 220 gms Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 2 tbsps Slivered Almonds, toasted
- Grease a 19cm X 29cm rectangular slice pan.
- Combine sugar, water, milk and cardamom in medium pan. Stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Heat ghee in another medium pan. Cook semolina, stirring for about 1 minute or until semolina is well coated in ghee and has just changed colour.
- Stir milk mixture into semolina. Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and leaves side of pan. Stir in sultanas and slivered almonds.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Score top to make diamond shapes, then center blanched almonds in each diamond. Cover, refrigerate until firm.
Tip: To keep sweets especially Burfis as fresh as ever: Store then in a stainless Steel airtight container and put a wet muslin cloth over them.