- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 330 gms Castor Sugar
- ½ tsp Ground Cardamom
- 80 gms Unsalted Butter, melted
- 150 gms Full Cream Milk Powder
- 75 gms Slivered Almonds, Toasted
- Grease 19cm x 29cm slice pan.
- Sift sugar, milk powder, flour and cardamom into a medium bowl. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Spread barfi into prepared pan. Bake in moderate oven for about 55 minutes or until firm. Cover with foil during cooking if over browning.
- Stand barfi for 30 minutes. Turn barfi onto board, cut into triangles.
Tip: Always strain sugar or jaggery syrups before adding to sweets, so that the muddy grains do not taste like grit in the sweet dishes. Allow the grit to settle below before straining.