- 180 ml Cream
- 75 gms Castor Sugar
- 750 ml Evaporated milk
- 6 Cardamom pods, bruised
- ¼ tsp crushed Saffron threads
- 50 gms Shelled Pistachios, toasted, finely chopped
- Combine milk, cream, cardamom pods and saffron in large heavy based pan and boil.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until reduced to 3 cups, stirring often. Add sugar, stir until dissolves.
- Cook kulfi mixture, in pan, to room temperature. Strain into a large bowl. Discard cardamom pods. Stir in nuts.
- Divide the kulfi mixture among six moulds. Cover with foil, freeze for 3 hours or until firm. Just before serving, turn kulfi onto serving plates.
- Accompany with fresh fruits or more toasted nuts, if desired.
Tip: Always chill glasses before preparing the icecream in it. This way it will stay stiff longer.