- 1 litre Milk
- 3 tsps Rose Water
- Yellow Food coloring
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 400 Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tsps Chopped Shelled Pistachios, toasted
- 1 tbsp Chopped Blanched Almonds, taosted
- Bring milk to boil in a medium pan. Simmer, uncovered, for about 25 minutes or until reduced to half. Strain into a large bowl then return into same pan.
- Add condensed milk, rose water, cardamom and enough food colouring to make milk mixture a pale-coloured custard.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thickened slightly.
- Transfer the custard to a large bowl. Stir in nuts. Cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Serve with fresh fruit, if desired.
Tip: Take 2-3 healthy strawberries. Make incisions vertically from tip to base, to form slices. But do not cut fully. Stop just below the base. Now press sideways gently, to form a fan shaped strawberry. Use as topping decor for icecreams, puddings, etc.