- 1 litre Milk
- 3 tsps Rose Water
- Yellow Food coloring
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 400 Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tsps Chopped Shelled Pistachios, toasted
- 1 tbsp Chopped Blanched Almonds, taosted
- Bring milk to boil in a medium pan. Simmer, uncovered, for about 25 minutes or until reduced to half. Strain into a large bowl then return into same pan.
- Add condensed milk, rose water, cardamom and enough food colouring to make milk mixture a pale-coloured custard.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thickened slightly.
- Transfer the custard to a large bowl. Stir in nuts. Cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Serve with fresh fruit, if desired.
Tip: To keep sweets especially Burfis as fresh as ever: Store then in a stainless Steel airtight container and put a wet muslin cloth over them.