- 3/4 cup boiled Chicken pieces
- ½ cup Rice
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Maida
- 1½ cup Milk
- 1½ cup Water
- Salt as per taste
- 1 chopped Onion
- ¼ cup chopped Celery
- Black Pepper powder as per taste
- Mix celery, chopped onion, rice and water.
- Cook till rice is done and most till water evaporates.
- Remove from fire. Mix properly butter and maida in a separate vessel and then add 1 cup milk to make a smooth paste
- Add the paste to the rice mixture. Put to boil and stir continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Add chicken pieces and half a cup of milk and stir continuously.
- Add pepper powder and salt. Put on fire for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Tip: To make thick gravy for chicken grate the onions, squeeze out their juice. Fry the onions and the masala. Add the juice as stock, after the onions are brown.