- 1 tsp Paprika
- 8 Spring Onions
- 250 ml Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Chives to Garnish
- 1 hard boiled Egg, optional
- 700 gms Small sized Potatoes
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to boil. Add the potatoes to the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes or until they are just tender.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and rinse them under cold running water until they are completely cold.
- Drain them again thoroughly. Transfer the potatoes to mixing bowl a mixing bowl and set aside until required.
- Using a sharp knife, trim and slice the spring onions thinly on the diagonal.
- Chop the hard boiled egg.
- Combine the mayonnaise, paprika and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Pour the mixtures over the potatoes.
- Add the spring onions and egg to the potatoes and toss together.
- Transfer the potato salad to a serving bowl, sprinkle with snipped chives and a pinch of paprika. Cover and leave to chill in the refrigerator until required.
Tip: If you run out of breadcrumbs for cutlets, you can use crushed cornflakes or fine, sieved semolina.